Assistant/Associate Professor, Dental Hygiene (3634)
Posting Number: req1078
Working 9 months per year
Faculty Tenure Track
Division of Health Sciences
Pocatello - Main
Teaching in the undergraduate program; research, scholarship and dissemination; grant writing; university, professional, community service; and academic advising.
Teaching in academic didactic, clinical and laboratory settings (preventive and restorative) including possible online instruction (60%).
Active engagement in research, scholarship, and dissemination (25%).
University, professional and community service (10%).
Academic advising (5%).
Potential exists for future thesis advising and teaching within the graduate program.
- Master’s degree or significant progress in earning degree (must be conferred by December 2021) in dental hygiene or related field.
- Previous experience with scholarship, research, or publication
- One year academic teaching experience in didactic and clinical teaching
- Two years clinical experience with nonsurgical periodontal therapy
- Education and experience in administration of local anesthesia
- Eligible for Idaho dental hygiene licensure
- Doctoral Degree or significant progress towards completion of a doctorate degree (must be conferred by December 2021) in a related field
- Five years academic teaching experience
- Experience with clinical administration
- Experience with alternative practice settings (i.e. patient care, research, corporate, community)
- Original research with dissemination in a scholarly journal
- Experience with grant writing
- American Dental Hygienists’ Association membership
Please submit the following documents with your application:
CV, cover letter addressing minimum and preferred qualifications, as well as a list of three (3) professional references with contact information.
The position will remain open until filled. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.
About Idaho State University
Idaho State University (ISU) combines exceptional academics amidst the grand natural beauty of the West. ISU faculty and students are leading the way in cutting-edge research and innovative solutions in the areas of energy, health professions, nuclear research, teaching, humanities, engineering, performing and visual arts, technology, biological sciences, pharmacy, and business. ISU is the state's designated lead institution in health professions and medical education.
Idaho State University, a Carnegie-classified doctoral research and teaching institution founded in 1901, serves a diverse population by attracting students from around the world to its Idaho campuses. At the main campus in Pocatello, and at locations in Meridian, Idaho Falls, and Twin Falls, ISU offers access to high-quality education in more than 280 programs. Over 12,000 students attend ISU, receiving education and training in those programs. To read more, visit: Idaho State University Home
Idaho State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We have an institution-wide commitment to inclusion and diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Veterans' preference.
Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.
ISU PUBLIC SAFETY JEANNE CLERY ANNUAL SECURITY AND FIRE SAFETY REPORT
Idaho State University's Jeanne Clery report, federally required reporting, provides crime, arrest and fire statistics for the previous three years that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings owned or controlled by Idaho State University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies about alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, personal practices, disciplinary procedures, fire safety and other matters. This report can be accessed on the following website: ISU Clery Report